An online guide on how to modernize your workplace and boost employee engagement.
This online guide will provide you with some easy ideas on how to modernize your workplace and boost employee engagement.
Wouldn’t it be nice if employees actually wanted to spend lots of time in the office? The look and feel of your space can directly impact the people who work in it, in a variety of ways. This guide will give you some ideas on how to design your workplace to make the most of it, and to create a more engaging and productive space for employees.
Specifically, you’ll find expert advice and insights on:
- Easy things you can do for under $100 to change the way your office looks and feels.
- The best office plants to help make your work environment healthier and more lively.
- Items you can purchase to easily improve employee work spaces and make your team more productive.
- Interior design tips to help you encourage more collaboration and teamwork in the office.
- Ways you can curate a better common space so employees are able to rest and recharge on their breaks.
Continue reading for a complete list of resources that can help you make the most of your workspace, or download your free copy of 50 Ways to Improve Your Office Environment.
Table of Contents
Office Design and Employee Engagement
- How Office Design Can Help Your Team Work Better – A news article and podcast interview with Cutler interior designer Morgan Thomas about how to make the most effective use of your workspace.
Things You Can Do to Enhance Your Own Workspace
- 3 Ways You Can Improve Your Work Environment for Under $100 – A news article that details some small efforts you can make to your workplace that are affordable and make a big impact.
- 5 Office Plants That Can Spruce Up Your Workplace – A news article that lists the best office plants to help you reduce stress, clean the air, and increase productivity.
- These Simple Items Can Make Employees More Productive at Their Desks – A news article that suggests five items proven to help employees work more efficiently.
- 10 Ideas to Make Your Office Break Room Better for Employees – A news article that describes some of the best things to add to your work common space.
Other Resources for Employee Engagement
Looking on further insight on how to help your employees feel more engaged? Check out these other great resources for more information on how to improve your experience at work.
- A Manager’s Guide to Improving Employee Engagement – A downloadable guide that explains how to effectively measure, track, and improve employee engagement within your organization.
- How Outback Improved Employee Engagement by Over 100% in Just One Year – A case study and podcast interview about how Outback’s leadership team increased our own employee Net Promoter Score by more than 65 in under 12 months.
- 15 Creative Volunteer Ideas to Help Your Team Make a Difference – A news article that lists volunteering ideas that can help employees feel more connected to both their jobs and community.
You can also use the following list to keep track of your workplace improvements:
Changes that Cost Under $100
❑ Better Lighting ❑ Play Some Music ❑ Get the Right Scents ❑ Hang Recognition Boards ❑ Display Core Values ❑ Rethink Your Entryway ❑ Consider Clocks ❑ Adjust the Temperature ❑ Set Up KPI Screens ❑ Reinforce Your Mission
Add Office Plants
❑ Devil’s Ivy ❑ Snake Plant ❑ Peace Lily ❑ Dracaena ❑ Bamboo ❑ Hawthoria ❑ Gasteria ❑ Echeverias ❑ Kalanchoe ❑ Rebutia
Improve Employee Workspaces
❑ Standing Desks ❑ Ergonomic Chairs ❑ Desk Organizers ❑ Noise-Cancelling Headphones ❑ Mechanical Keyboards
Enhance Interior Design
❑ Open Concept vs. Closed ❑ Photos and Artwork ❑ Choose the Right Colors ❑ Create Office Signage ❑ Add More Whiteboard Space ❑ Carpeting vs. Hardwood ❑ Use Mirrors ❑ Bring in Home Furniture ❑ Create a Focal Point ❑ Theme Your Office
Curate a Better Common Space
❑ Office Library ❑ Healthy Snacks ❑ Beer Keg ❑ Coffee Station ❑ Comfortable Seating ❑ TV + Netflix ❑ Quiet Rooms ❑ Team Photos ❑ Workout Equipment ❑ Employee Requests
Provide Activities for Breaks
❑ Ping Pong Table ❑ Board Games ❑ Basketball Hoop ❑ Jigsaw Puzzles ❑ Foosball Table
Learn More About Modernizing Your Workpace
Don’t forget to download your free copy of 50 Ways to Improve Your Office Environment for an all-in-one PDF version of the above resources.
You can also reach out to an Employee Engagement Consultant for even more ideas on how to promote productivity at work with team building activities and training programs.